"Front Page" to my vB site ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Front Page" to my vB site ...

I'm not sure where to ask this question, so I figured this section was as good as anywhere else ...

I recently purchased vBulletin after being a member of many sites that use it ... love the way it works and feels ...

My question is this ... on some of the sites that I've used in the past, they have had a "front page" so to speak ... basically a page that you could use as an introductory page or post announcements and things like that ... an example would be if you were to go to www.newtiburon.com - they have that first page and then their forum link is www.newtiburon.com/forums ...

Is that "front page" built into the VB that I downloaded and installed and if so, how do I activate and control it ... and if it's not, do you know where I can get it?

Originally posted by IronEddie42 View Post
    Is that "front page" built into the VB that I downloaded and installed and if so, how do I activate and control it ... and if it's not, do you know where I can get it?
    It looks very much like http://www.vbadvanced.com without the copyright.

Edit: I'm wrong. At the bottom it says vBindex Copyright.
    version for vb 3.0 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59524

vbadvanced will give you similar results.
    Last edited by steven s; Fri 5 Jan '07, 5:16am.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

That's exactly what I was looking for - I'll give vBadvanced a shot ... looks like it'll work.

Thanks a lot.
      -Steve

Comment

Front Page to my vB Site

I actually was looking for the EXACT same thing you were/are. Looks like installing vbadvanced will allow for the Modular Look. In addition, allows you to customize.

So I successfully installed vbadvanced as it is "no charge".....but now what? It didn't change the "look" of my forum?

I am a novice....and I know this is most of the issue. Should I be adding pages like: www.mywebsite.com/forum, www.mywebsite.com/contact, etc??? then somehow link the vbadvanced to it?

Steve if you figure this one out...can you or anyone else help this rookie???

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X