Editor Issues / Problems 3.6.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor Issues / Problems 3.6.4

I've recently upgraded from 3.6.2 to 3.6.4 and my editor is no longer working correctly. I've included an image so you can see what it's doing. Multiquote is also pulling up text once the button is pushed rather than highlighting.

Please view the attached image.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Attached Files
    WHMCS + Joomla Integration

Update. I've used this method of upgrading my site as it was stickied to the forum. Everything works fine with the new vbulletin 3.6.4 so long as it's named /test/(vb 3.6.4 files). When I rename my previous version to something else and then name the /test folder to the /forum (which was what the original file was named), It messes up. It takes a long time to load and many of the images aren't coming through. My site is currently down, please advise!

Comment

Not sure I follow your two posts. Can you provide the real URL or URLs?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here is the link to the forum

Comment

The image paths seem correct and everything but when I put the image path in my browser it directs me to the front page.

While I was waiting around for a reply for this, I went ahead and tried the update on the original forum and it's still the same problems.

The forum loads slow and there just seem to be issues. I've searched for answers but found nothing pertaining to this issue with no images being loaded. Checked the config.php file as well and it looks good.

Obviously the forum is turned off right now so if you need me to do anything so you can access it, please let me know.

On the upgrade here is what I did. First I backed up the database. Then I ftp-ed the new files to the location of the existing files and overwrote them, yes in ACSII mode. Then I went back and ftp the images in binary and overwrote them. Then went into my file manager in cpanel and changed the config.new.php to config.php and edited all the correct information which seemed to work fine. Then I did the upgrade.

Thank you Steve!
          Last edited by Philosophy; Thu 4th Jan '07, 12:57pm.

Comment

PHP Version 4.4.2

Comment

Thanks but can you please explain what this means:

Originally posted by Philosophy View Post
              Everything works fine with the new vbulletin 3.6.4 so long as it's named /test/(vb 3.6.4 files). When I rename my previous version to something else and then name the /test folder to the /forum (which was what the original file was named), It messes up. It takes a long time to load and many of the images aren't coming through.
              I still don't understand what you are saying.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Forget that, it's only going to cause confusion. My site is online. Take a look at it. All I did was upgrade it like the instructions said and my logo is gone and I'm having issues with images. I've uploaded all the images again and nothing seems to change.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I did look. Your logo and images are showing up fine for me.

http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I see what you mean.

Thanks Steve. It seems to be working. I'm not sure what went wrong or why it wasn't working for me for a couple of days. Thanks for your help and your comments. Everything seems to be ok.

I suppose you can go ahead and close this thread. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Justin

Comment

Images still not showing

I have two computers. One at the office where I did my work on updating the forum software and a laptop. The problem is that since this orginal post my images aren't showing up for my forum on my office computer. I've cleaned the cache and everything and images for my forum aren't showing. They show up fine for my laptop. What's real funny is the images in my administration aren't showing up on the laptop but they are showing up on the office computer.

I'm perplexed. It's like it's reversed. Please advise.

Thank you!

Comment

Have you tried a different browser to see if you have the same problem? If so, then there is something installed at your office that is causing this problem. Your company is probably filtering some content.

As for the laptop, try a different browser then if you have the samer problem something is installed on it that is filtering content as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                        X