Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change all local/internal links in posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change all local/internal links in posts?

Hi.

The forum I administrate will because of a server change most likely change its address from "www.domain.com/forum/" to "forum.domain.com".

How can I change all links in posts on the forum so that they will point at the right post/thread etc.?

In other words I wiould like to change all links such as:
    www.domain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=xx
    to:
    forum.domain.com/showthread.php?t=xx

Is it possible with some SQL Query in the Admin CP?
    If so how would I do that?

Thanks.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Think the easyst way to get it done would be a style replacement. I'm not sure of a specific query to do what you want though. You may not want to change though, remember it will effect your rankings in search engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      Think the easyst way to get it done would be a style replacement. I'm not sure of a specific query to do what you want though. You may not want to change though, remember it will effect your rankings in search engines.
      Can I use style repleacements in the posts?
      I thought that was only for templates?

Maybe I wasn't clear in what I want to achieve. When people have posted links to other thread/posts in their posts they have used the full URL, and because this now will be changed those links will be broken.
      So can one fix this, in all posts on the whole forum?

/Anders
      Anders Pettersson
      Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
      If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
      Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

Style replacements replace anything anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Style replacements replace anything anywhere.
          OK, figured out how to do it, thanks for the help.

/Anders
          Anders Pettersson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X