Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums Keeps Getting Hacked

Hi

We have a real problem with a hacker that keeps inserting trojan launching code into the stylesheets in the DB (an iframe). We have checked the server security and it is fine, no root kits nothing and yet this keeps happening. We are running the latest version of VB also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Running any hacks or modifications including code modifications and products?

Comment

I disabled all plugins that were acrive, there were about 3 I think and the only other thing is we have the left navbar in forum hack installed but I cant see that doing anything.

Comment

Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172234

If you are still being hacked after doing all of this, then they are most likely doing this by accessing your server. You need to contact your host about this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes everything is as it should be, checked against that list. As I sau the only 'hack' that has been added is a left navbar hack but I can not see how that would affect this. The server has been checked and cross checked for unauthorised access/rootkits etc.

Comment

If you really did everything on that list then it's almost certainly your server or hosting account that is being hacked.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X