Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing databases

Hi

I had vBulletin on a shared server and then I switched over to a new server. I need to take the old database and put that data in the new one. I already backed up the database from vBulletin CP as a mysql file on the server. My host uses phpMyAdmin to control the database. Any info will help.

Thanks

Follow these instructions: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Do you know where to get a decent SSH/Telnet app for Mac OS X? I found one called Navicat but it crashes when it opens the tunnel. I downloaded a few others I found on versiontracker but they didn't work either. I have a PowerPC G5 and an intel mac, so powerpc or UB apps.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by liquidBrick View Post
          Do you know where to get a decent SSH/Telnet app for Mac OS X?
          Depending on what you mean by "decent", you might find Terminal.app, which comes with Mac OS X, sufficient.

In Terminal, you can select menu choice File -> Connect to Server and define an ssh connection. I found some instructions for that here.

You can even save the configuration (e.g., a file named ssh.term) and double-click on it when you want to launch the SSH connection.

Comment

Thanks. After some more searching I found that terminal can do that stuff, which is good for me because I use it for 3D rendering anyway. I was able to login to the server with ssh using it. Now just have run the import and export of the db.

Thanks for the replies

D

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X