Error Admin CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Admin CP

I just delete my old forum, deleted my old database and reinstalled vb. I didn't touch it after the reinstall and I go to my admin panel. All the controls on the left work, but or the right side I get this.
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/admincp/index.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This may be due to mod_security. See this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167121
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I did that, no luck. Sometimes it does it on the controls side as well as the right side.

Comment

If it's not that, then it has to be file permissions, directory permissions or bad files. Genreally files should be chmod'd to 644 and directories to 755. Then if you still have this problem, delete the existing vB files (except includes/config.php and the images directory) and reupload them again. Make sure you upload all non-image files in ASCII format.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

same thing, I even clicked my users online and a blank white page came up.

Comment

I just reinstalled, same thing. Whats up with this?

Comment

Strangely enough I also got a blank white page, but this was temporary on the forum index. I have also had some MYSQL errors.

Comment

Originally posted by bmroyer View Post
                I just reinstalled, same thing. Whats up with this?
                If you really followed my previous instructions then this has to be a server issue. The next step is contacting your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have contacted my host and they had this to say after a 3 hour conversation
                  Hello,

Please note that the issue is not related to mod_security as we have already disabled it for your account. We believe that the issue is related to another security module 'mod_evasive'. We have loosened the security module to the maximum for your account. Also we are not facing any issues while accessing the forum. Please check it and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
                  Remo
                  Support Team

I am still having the same problem as before.

Comment

Since this is the default vB with no modifications, then this is still a server issue.

Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:
                    PHP Code:
                    <?php
                    phpinfo
                    ();
                    ?>
                    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

http://www.unknownwriters.net/forums/phpinfo.php

Comment

You have both mod_evasive and mod_security among others:

mod_evasive, mod_security, mod_dosevasive, mod_auth_passthrough, mod_log_bytes, mod_bwlimited, mod_php4, mod_frontpage, mod_ssl, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_expires, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite, mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

Unfortunately something on this server is causing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Alrighty, and this is what he says now..and I am still getting the error. Does that mean I cannot use vb on this server I've been on for 3 years?

Hello,

Please note that mod_evasive is security module installed for preventing ddos attacks. As we have mentioned before on a shared server we have some restrictions and cannot compromise with that. Anyway we have reduced it to the maximum. Please check it after clearing the cache. We checked by refreshing the pages using different browsers but couldn't find any errors. But it happens again it would be difficult for us to make any more modifications as it is related to server's security. We believe that you will understand and co-operate with us.

Regards,
                          Remo
                          Support Team

Comment

Are you still getting any errors? Your host indicates they aren't seeing any.

If you are and they are not willing to work with you to fix this, then I'd say your only option would be to find a more suitable host.

Note they change the PHP build on Dec. 19th:

Build Date: Dec 19 2006 07:02:07

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X