Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Post/Thread Notification for all posts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Post/Thread Notification for all posts ?

Hello,

I got one problem with my forum.

One of users seems to have an automated email sent to him at each new post made on forum. Sent is been made by forum, using email address writed on forum admin.

I don't know if there is such a facility and how to disable it since is sending lot of emails....

Here is a sample of message:

Subject: New Post/Thread Notification: Server & Forum News

Hello,

vipmamber2 has just posted in the ................ under the title of Information New Version!.

This thread is located at

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Subscriptions would be where to look.

Comment

I know are called subscriptions.

Question is how someone can get notification by email for any new post/thread ?

Comment

Check here:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Nope, is not there...

I just checked for a sub sub forum...

Btw, guy is not Super MOD, but was...

Comment

I should have mentioned this setting too:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Receive Email When a New Post is Created

If that's not it then I don't see any way for this to happen with the original vB code since there is no option to send an email on all new posts other than those.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is not into mods list for some time.

I don't have any idea why still sending enabled... Maybe was before (when was MOD), and there are some not cleaned fields into database ?

Comment

I doubt it. If those setitngs are correct then this is most likely a problem with a modification you made.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

OK, will try to disable plugins and see if is fine then.

Otherwise didn't do any updates to code...

Comment

Working...
                  X