Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am still stuck installing my forum after switching host.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am still stuck installing my forum after switching host.

I know I have edited everything right in the configure file and I uploaded all the files with smartFTP. Let me make sure I uploaded correctly:
    After connecting to my server I created a new folder named forum and then dragged the upload folder into the new forum folder. Everything uploaded but now I can't get it to install.

I type my address followed by install/install.php and get error message 404 everytime. What am I doing wrong.

I am now using ************.

Are you sure you are using the right address?
    Also since you said you dragged the upload folder into the new forum folder make sure the address is something.com/forum/upload/install/install.php
    You might have just mistyped it.
    Also check if the install.php has been uploaded correctly.
    *Insert text here* :)

Comment

Did you copy the 'upload' folder to the 'forum' directory on your server, or the contents of the 'upload' folder? If the first the install script will now probably be at http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/uplo...ll/install.php.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I tried both of those with no success.
        The version of mySQL that is running on my site is 4.1.20 if this helps.

Comment

If all the files were transferred there should be no reason it shouldn't work. Did you drag the files to the folders or did you drag them to the the transfer queue?

I've seen in the past that dragging them directly to the folder the FTP miss files or end up incomplete.

On a side note: I hosted with IX for nearly a year and left them about 3 weeks ago. I wish you just the best and make yourself ready for multiple DB crashes but maybe it was just my luck with them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X