Problem upgrading from vb3.6.2 to vb3.6.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem upgrading from vb3.6.2 to vb3.6.4

When I run the vb3.6.4 upgrade, it seems to work fine, ie no error messages.

However, when I'm at the screen "Step 4) Import latest style (Step 4 of 5)" and click "Next Step (5/5)" I'm redirected back to the admincp with my version showing as vb 3.6.2. I'd expect instead to be warned about removing the install.php file.

Any ideas? Thx!

What's really odd is that my version info shows as vb 3.6.4 under "Version Info and other untouchables"
    Last edited by westpointer; Wed 20 Dec '06, 5:49am.

This means that you did not upload all the 3.6.4 files when you upgraded, in particular the 'install/*.xml' files. Reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Then run 'install/finlaupgrade.php' again. Make sure that the XML file versions in the upper right hand corner of the page show 3.6.4.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X