Email activation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email activation problem

My members are not getting the "email activation" email sent to them. I ran Diagnostics on it and this is what it says
    "The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail. Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information"
    And my sendmail_from: is [email protected] witch don't look write.
    My webhost says its on my end. How can I fix this? Thanks

And sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Comment

My users arent recieving theirs either, however i dont get an error like his, I get this
      No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check [email protected] shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.
      But i dont recieve anything.....any ideas? Thanks.
      IT'S WHERE THE NET COMES TO LOITER!

Comment

Try to manually enter a smtp server host, login, and password then try it. If you have SSH access to your server try echo testing | mail [email protected] from the command line.
        Exotic Cars

Comment

nymth, please read this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email

Then if you have any further questions please start your own thread.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Stever, I had to put a webmaster address that was specific to the host, couldnt use a gmail account.....is this right??

Peace
            IT'S WHERE THE NET COMES TO LOITER!

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X