Weird Problem: Edit Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Problem: Edit Post

Getting a weird problem since yesterday which has got me beat.

Moderators and Admins edit a post which contains an email address, remove the email address and add a comment to not post email addresses. The email address is then not visible in the post, is not visible to Moderators and Admins in edit post or in quote post but is visible to members in quote post!

Doesn't appear to affect me.

Any help with this would be appreciated

If the email was already quoted, then editing the original post will not update those quotes.

Otherwise try using the Basic editor so you can see any and all markup in the post. If you are using an advanced editor then it's possible some markup containing the email was left behind.

Comment

It hasn't just been happening since yesterday! I checked back as far as I can to March 2006 and this has been happening since then and mainly appears to be affecting Admins. It appears that parts of posts which are deleted are not actually deleted but are just invisible. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Comment

That sounds like it might be leftover markup code. The basic editor will show all markup as unparsed text instead of parsing it which might hide it from view.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
          If the email was already quoted, then editing the original post will not update those quotes.

Otherwise try using the Basic editor so you can see any and all markup in the post. If you are using an advanced editor then it's possible some markup containing the email was left behind.
          Ok that makes a difference. When using the Basic Editor and Standard Editor, the deleted email address is still visible in the quote in the editor when replying but is not in the quote in the posted message. Doesn't happen with the Enhanced Interface - WYSIWYG. If anyone else can replicate it on a different board, it's a bug! It's probably a waste of time deleting anything in a post because whatever is deleted can still be seen in the Editor when replying and quoting the message.

It only appeared to be affecting admins because they were using the WYSIWYG editor. It actually affects everyone.
          Last edited by andiez; Tue 19 Dec '06, 1:36pm.

Comment

Narrowed it down even more. Deleted parts of messages are not deleted but removed from view when using the Enhanced Interface - WYSIWYG Editor. Users using the basic or standard editor can still see the deleted parts in the quote in the editor.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X