Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

renaming default vb images without using replacement variables or editting templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renaming default vb images without using replacement variables or editting templates

hi folks,

is this possible? i'd rather not have to use replacement variables because of the hit on performance and i don't want to trawl through the templates for ages making changes

basically i'm looking to change all transparent images over to PNG format, with the release of ie7 and a workaround hack for ie5.x+ i want to start using nice 32bit transparent images instead of GIFs, hopefully i won't have to wait that long to remove the ie5.x+ hack

any ideas?

cheers,
    robert
    Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

I think you can probably give this a try; I give no guarentee that it will work though.

Admin CP > Style Manager; download/export your current Style into a xml. Open the xml up in notepad/wordpad (do not use a wysiwyg web editor or heaven forbids, MS Word), search and replace all ".gif" with ".png", and then upload/import your edited style's xml back into your forums. Be sure to update all .gif images with the same name .png equivelent so you don't get tons of 404's.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X