Widescreen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widescreen?

how do i make the skin not spread out and not widescreen looking? I want my forum to look like this one where its not all spread out? Do you understand what I'm saying ? Or do I need to show screenies?

Also...How do I get rid of the "please click one of the quick reply icons in the post aboe to activate quick reply" message to just be able to quick reply without clicking the button.

Admin CP -> Style Manager and then click go next to the theme you wish to adjust, Then you will see an option saying "Main Table Width (pixels or percentage)" It sounds like you have it set to 100% so all you gotta do is set whatever size you want for example 800 which is what this board is I think
    PC Repair Poole - Web Directory - Diabetes Forum

Comment

800 is too wide, go for 760 at most, that way you won't end up with horizontal scrollbars on 800x600 full screen
      Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

Who is actualy still using 800x600 lol If you set the width too small then us high res users can not see the dam thing
        PC Repair Poole - Web Directory - Diabetes Forum

Comment

enough people to make it significant

plus you don't want the width of your content to fill the screen above a certain resolution either, it would make it really difficult to read without using columns to split the text up (you lose the start of the next line when reading really wide paragraphs)
          Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

Dont mean to Thread hijack,but does anybody know how to have a narrow forum(760 or 800) but have vbadvanced homepage at 100% width..

Comment

Thanks guys...Also... How do I get rid of the "please click one of the quick reply icons in the post above to activate quick reply" message? I want to just be able to quick reply without clicking the button.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajschamps View Post
                Thanks guys...Also... How do I get rid of the "please click one of the quick reply icons in the post above to activate quick reply" message? I want to just be able to quick reply without clicking the button.
                Admin CP > Message Posting and Editing Options > Quick Reply > Bubble in "Yes, Click not Required

Comment

800x600?

Here are some statistics http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Comment

One last question...How do I make it so the Default Thread Display Mode is Oldest post to New post. Right now the default is new to old and im not finding how to switch the default one....

Comment

Originally posted by Ajschamps View Post
                      One last question...How do I make it so the Default Thread Display Mode is Oldest post to New post. Right now the default is new to old and im not finding how to switch the default one....
                      That's a User option. Oldest to Newest is the default, so you must have inadvertently changed it.

Comment

So how do i change it back?

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Look for the Thread Display settings in vBulletin Options. This sets the default view mode for new members:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Thread Display Mode -> Linear - Oldest First

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> Posts - Oldest First

Then click on 'Continue'.

And finally to do this just for yourself:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Thead Display Mode -> Linear - Oldest First
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X