Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sn1p34
    replied
    Are you 100% sure that his ip is dynamic and he is not just using a proxy server to change his ip? If he is using a Proxy server you can get his real ip using a mod called "Proxy to Real IP" which can be found on www.vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• athlon64bit
    replied
    Thanks for the replies guys. Good idea Apoco. Hey apoco does the tachy goes to coventry option also cover private messages or just forum posts?

Leave a comment:

• Apoco
    replied
    Do not ban him. Put his userid in Tachy Goes Converty.

I've found it works a lot better as they keep posting, but nobody see's it, hence problems do not arise. After awhile they go away because they think that they are just being ignored.

Leave a comment:

• sn1p34
    replied
    Surely there is a stronger way of banning them like for example leaving a permanent cookie on their computer or banning via microsoft internet explorer product ID?
    That you cannot get with any forum software, even if you could he could just go and download firefox, or opera.. And for the cookie sugestion it is impossible to put a permanet cookie on someones computer.

Theres realy nothing you can do other then keep banning him (He most likely will give up after awhile...) other then that I can't realy think of anything else you can do.

Leave a comment:

• athlon64bit
    started a topic How do I ban properly?

How do I ban properly?

Hello I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I have banned someone from my vb forum via username, ip and email address however they have a dynamic ip address and all they need to do is to disconnect and reconnect from the internet and use a different email address and they are back on the forum within a matter of minutes.

Surely there is a stronger way of banning them like for example leaving a permanent cookie on their computer or banning via microsoft internet explorer product ID?

Is there a setting on vbulletin for using stronger bans? Does anyone know of any 3rd party software either free or retail which could be used as an addon to vbulletin forum for strengthening bans against trouble makers etc?

I am a paying customer of vbulletin forum.

Thank you in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Ross
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X