Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activation mail problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Activation mail problems

    This is the third time today that I've received this complaint from three different users. They're getting this error on activating their accounts :

    We could not activate your account because this web address is not valid. Make sure that you have the entire address from the email, and that your email client has not split the address over several lines.

    Please try again with the full address from the email that you received. If it still does not work, try filling in the activation form:
    Activation form If you do not know your activation code, you can find it in the email that was sent to you when you first registered. To have it sent again, please click here:
    Send new email with activation code.
    If all else fails, email the administrator, making sure that you include your registered email address and username.
    I'm not sure what to check for as this has never happened before.

  • #2
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

    Make sure this is correct. For example this forum's Forum URL is:

    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum

    No trailing slash, no index.php.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

      Make sure this is correct. For example this forum's Forum URL is:

      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum

      No trailing slash, no index.php.
      It already is like that.

      http://www.wccftech.com/forum
      Last edited by ultrono; Tue 5 Dec '06, 6:38am.

      Comment


      • #4
        I just registered on your site and activated my account with no problems.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm having the exact same problem with most users not being able to activate their accounts. They get an error.

          I'm trying to get more info from a couple of them but no luck so far.
          This is a large problem. Out of the last 200 registrered users 184 of them didn't activate their accounts. I'm wondering if this has been an on going problem.

          Jaks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
            I just registered on your site and activated my account with no problems.
            Thats both good and weird at the same time :/ lol.. Anyway, I'll post back in this thread if it happens again. Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              What email client are they using?

              I've found that Yahoo has changed itself lately which causes URLs in notification emails to actually list the hyperlink broken out into two text links.. and the first link does not work but the second does. This isn't very consistant though and I don't know whats causing the formating to appear this way.

              Example

              1996 328ti has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled
              - 0 not treated as unlimited? - in the vBulletin 3.6 Troubleshooting
              and Problems forum of vBulletin Community Forum.

              This thread is located at:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211442&goto=newpost"
              target=_blank
              >http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...2&goto=newpost

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                What email client are they using?

                I've found that Yahoo has changed itself lately which causes URLs in notification emails to actually list the hyperlink broken out into two text links.. and the first link does not work but the second does. This isn't very consistant though and I don't know whats causing the formating to appear this way.

                Example

                1996 328ti has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled
                - 0 not treated as unlimited? - in the vBulletin 3.6 Troubleshooting
                and Problems forum of vBulletin Community Forum.

                This thread is located at:
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211442&goto=newpost"
                target=_blank
                >http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...2&goto=newpost
                ahh that explains it then. Yes, they were using Yahoo. Thanks a lot

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ultrono View Post
                  ahh that explains it then. Yes, they were using Yahoo. Thanks a lot
                  Well it proves its there.. just don't know why

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    HELP, please.

                    I just turned on the email activation too and am gettiong this error when trying to follow the link(s):

                    Not Found

                    The requested URL /forums/register.php was not found on this server.

                    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                    Can somebody help me figure this out?

                    Thanks.

                    PS..I looked on my server and register.php is there but my forums are in the root so there is no "forums" directory!
                    Last edited by CrossBones; Tue 19 Dec '06, 6:38am.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CrossBones View Post
                      I just turned on the email activation too and am gettiong this error when trying to follow the link(s):


                      Can somebody help me figure this out?

                      Thanks.

                      PS..I looked on my server and register.php is there but my forums are in the root so there is no "forums" directory!
                      If your register.php is in the root then shouldn't your link be www.example.com/register.php ?

                      admincp -> vBulletin settings -> Name/URL/Contacts
                      May be called something else, I don't use English in my admin cp.

                      I'm a real vB-newbie so try that but I can't guarantee anything.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        OK that worked for activating the user BUT now I get a page that has all the images broken...

                        http://www.wildpitchforums.com/regis...126&i=88012776

                        Now I don't know how to fix that!

                        It seems to all be associated with the4 register.php file becuase when I try and log in from the link above I get a blank page with this in the URL...

                        http://www.wildpitchforums.com/regis...n.php?do=login

                        Any ideas?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OK I changed the Name/URL?Contachs to: www.example.com and didn't put /forums or /register.php in there and now it seems to work properly.

                          Is this the correct way to do it? Or, am I still missing something?

                          Any updated advice or help is appreciated!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CrossBones View Post
                            Is this the correct way to do it?
                            Yes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
                              Yes.
                              Thanks Jake. It seems to be working fine now.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X