Making a moderator tag for bbcode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a moderator tag for bbcode

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum, please move, but I'm using 3.6.2. Also, I did search for something like this, but didn't get very far.

As you're about to see, I'm fairly clueless when using html.

I'm trying to make a moderator tag. The goal is that if you use the tag it will bold, make your text red, and insert some text. That's the simple version. The more complicated version would someone identify the user as a mod/admin and allow the tags use predicated on this.

So, it would be like this:

[mod]Final warning[/mod] would look like:

MODERATOR ACTION: Final Warning

The first level of complication above this would be a validation that the tags user is, in fact, of the appropriate authority.

The 2nd level of complication would also add the users name. Or, maybe just do this and skip the prior validation? Anyway, it would look like:

MODERATOR ACTION by Shane: Final Warning

This is what I was mucking about w/ so far (yes, I know very off):
    <color=red><b><text=MODERATOR ACTION> text </b></color>

edit: Additionally, how can you make it so bbcode does not show up in the public faq? Obviously, I'd not want to share this w/ the forum public.

There is no way to check permissions with BB codes unless you implement custom code. This is a www.vbulletin.org question.

A proper log for the moderator's name would also require custom code.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      There is no way to check permissions with BB codes unless you implement custom code. This is a www.vbulletin.org question.

A proper log for the moderator's name would also require custom code.
      OK, understandable.

How about the simple, non-validated version then?

Comment

That is easy enough. Use this for the replacement code of the custom BB code:

Code:
        MODERATOR ACTION: {param}
        Now it will show the action specified in the posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
          That is easy enough. Use this for the replacement code of the custom BB code:

Code:
          MODERATOR ACTION: {param}
          Now it will show the action specified in the posting.
          Thank you for that. But, to make it stand out, I'd like to add color and maybe bold it.

Plus, I wouldn't want to display it in the public FAQ that lists all the bbcode, but that would probably be a bit of work to block one specific bbcode.

Comment

Here is an example with markup:

Code:
            <span style="color: red; font-weight: bold;">MODERATOR ACTION: {param}</span>
            There is no option to remove one BB code from the list of BB codes.

Comment

Awesome, thanks a bunch, Bunce.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X