Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_5686_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_5686_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)

I received this error today.. My front page could not be accesed it only showed the white db error page..

Does anyone know what this means, or what I can do to prevent it from hapening again?

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.6.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT IF(votenum >= 1, votenum, 0) AS numbvote, IF(votenum >= 1 AND votenum != 0, votetotal / votenum, 0) AS voteavg,
                                    thread.threadid, post.title, thread.replycount, postusername, postuserid, thread.dateline AS postdateline, thread.lastpostid, thread.lastposter, thread.lastpost, IF(views<=thread.replycount, thread.replycount+1, views) AS views, thread.forumid, post.postid, pagetext, allowsmilie,
                                            thread.iconid AS threadiconid, iconpath AS threadiconpath,
                                            NOT ISNULL(subscribethread.subscribethreadid) AS subscribed

FROM thread AS thread
                                    LEFT JOIN post AS post ON (post.postid = thread.firstpostid)
                                   LEFT JOIN postparsed AS postparsed ON (postparsed.postid = post.postid AND postparsed.styleid = 123 AND postparsed.languageid = 1)
                                            LEFT JOIN icon AS icon ON (icon.iconid = thread.iconid)
                                           LEFT JOIN subscribethread AS subscribethread ON (subscribethread.threadid = thread.threadid AND subscribethread.userid = '2')
                                    WHERE thread.threadid IN(17774,17763,17813,17812,17811,17807,17806,17801,17800,17797,17796,17795,17778,17777,17775)

GROUP BY post.postid
                                    ORDER BY sticky DESC,thread.dateline DESC
                                    LIMIT 15;

MySQL Error  : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_5686_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)
    Error Number : 1
    Date         : Thursday, November 30th 2006 @ 08:34:48 PM
    Script       : http://www.localracechat.com/index.php

System error: 17 = File exists

You or your host will need to empty the server's /tmp directory.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      System error: 17 = File exists

You or your host will need to empty the server's /tmp directory.
      Thanks, all working now..

Comment

sorry for this old topic but i have the same problem.

i emptied the tmp folder it works but a few hours later it gives the error again.
        i removed the folder and then created again and CHMOD 777 it works but a few hours later it gives the error again.

can somebody help me

Comment

i'm having the same problem since a few days

Comment

Please read post #2. Then if you need furrther assistance please start your own thread with all the relevant details.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X