Members are being changed to Validating for unknown reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members are being changed to Validating for unknown reasons

I noticed after checking usergroup page that over 4000 members are on usergroup validate. I dont know why they are changed to validate? I checked promotions and I dont see anything there that makes them validate.

They will only be changed to validating if they change their email?

Or they registered and never confirmed their email (not finished regstration).

Assuming you mean they are in the usregroup Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Well they are validating, maybe there is a problem with email then?

Comment

On my message board, I receive a large number of registrations that never choose to verify their accounts via e-mail. 4000 is not uncommon on a board with tens of thousands of members. However, if the 4000 members you speak of are active posters, then you have a problem.

Users will remain in the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation user group until they have verified their accounts via e-mail. If a member changes the e-mail address associated with his or her account, that member must re-verify and will (depending on your user permissions) be unable to post until he or she has done so.

If you are worried there could be an issue with your e-mail system, do the following.
        1. In your Administrator's Control Panel: Maintenance -> Diagnostics
        2. At the Diagnostic panel, look for the Email header and follow the instructions.

Comment

everything seems to work with that, I think its just when people change their emails and it may goto spam/junk/trash folders.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X