• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i edit $announcebits

how or where do i edit $announcebits?

want to change the layout a little

Announcement Templates
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Announcement Templates

how do i edit the layout of the $announcebits to appear differently in the forumdisplay template?

Comment

Edit the forumdiplay template and put ist where you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Edit the forumdiplay template and put ist where you want.

i don't want it to say "Announcement:" want to edit that and a couple other display issues. i can't seem to find where to edit the actual code, not just moving it around.

Comment

Rather than having us guess what it is you want, please post exactly everything you want to do.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Rather than having us guess what it is you want, please post exactly everything you want to do.

in the forumdisplay - listing all the theards

i want to change the layout of any announcement for that forum.

so instead of "Announcement: testing123" at the top of the forum - want to change the word Announcement plus take out who posted the announcement with link to the user

Comment

1. Edit the 'announcement' phrase to whatever you want it to say.

2. Changing the layout requires modifying one or more of the templates I mentioned above.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

1. Edit the 'announcement' phrase to whatever you want it to say.

2. Changing the layout requires modifying one or more of the templates I mentioned above.

thanks so much for your quick replies

what template do i edit to remove the username from the announcement when viewing from displayforum.

all i can find is $announcebits in the displayforum template.

in the anouncement template it appears to be for viewing the actual announcement not the view from displayforum

also want to remove the view and date from the announcement as it appears in the forum display - the view that lists all the threads for that forum

Comment

I believe it's threadbit_announcement.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I believe it's threadbit_announcement.

thanks so much for your help, sorry i am a little slow at explaining it properly.

once again the quick support shows why VB is #1

Comment

How can I display the announcement text within the $announcebits

right now it shows the announcement title - i would like to show the text instead. i know it might seem funny but it suits our needs better

thanks

Comment

I believe this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X