Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image attachments being stored twice in DB

I'm using 3.6.2

I recently enabled thumbnail display of images greater than 500 pixels wide, and did a successful creation of thumbnails for those forum images needing it.

It seems that in the DB 'attachment' table images are stored twice - the original and a thumbnail - even for those that were under 500 pixels i.e. in the table row both the original and thumbnail are the same size in bytes.

Is this normal behavior of the system, or can I change a setting somewhere?

My initial expectation would be that images with dimensions smaller than the size set for thumbnails would NOT be stored twice in the DB.

Can anybody assist?

Comment

Changing this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. So in other words you are saying - with thumbnails enabled, vbulletin always stores the original image and the thumbnail image in the DB, even if they are both the same?

And there is no control panel setting available to avoid this - it can only be avoided by changing the code?

Comment

Yes, that is what I meant and no there is no control panel setting for this otherwise I would not have said it requires modifying the code.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X