Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to setup vBulletin for Blogging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to setup vBulletin for Blogging?

I want to have a designated section on my forum where members can create their own sub-forum where they can post their daily blogs.

I know i can probably do this manually as an admin, creating private folders with permissions etc. for each blogger.

but, is there a way to accomplish this with through the end user?

Meaning can i setup a designated folder that allows these people to create their own sub-forums that only they and the administrators can post new messages in. But, allow all other members to reply to these new messages?

If not, does anyone else use their vbulletin for blogging and have an add-on or something to accomplish blogging more easily?

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There is no functionality in vBulletin to allow what you want. There is a vBJournal addon at vBulletin.org that allows users to create their own journals/blogs. However it is an unsupported addon and any help would have to come from that community.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        There is no functionality in vBulletin to allow what you want. There is a vBJournal addon at vBulletin.org that allows users to create their own journals/blogs. However it is an unsupported addon and any help would have to come from that community.

Hey thanks!

Do add-ons affect vbulletin programming etc? Meaning can i remove it easily without screwing up my forum codes?

Comment

Most add-ons are plugins these days and do not require a direct change to the vB code.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There's also www.vblogetin.com, but it's not free.
            Cliff
            PathLabTalk
            Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert View Post
              There's also www.vblogetin.com, but it's not free.
              Yeah i just saw that on vbulletin.com, it appears to be only 30 days old? How good is it compared with vbJournal or vB Advanced?

Comment

Zoints do a hack that allows a myspace type of thing.

Comment

It's far better than vbJournal and the Zoints blogs (though Zoints is not just blogs). If you any questions about it you can PM me or ask on the vBlogetin site.

Comment

SirAdrian - vBlogetin

Originally posted by SirAdrian View Post
                    It's far better than vbJournal and the Zoints blogs (though Zoints is not just blogs). If you have any questions about it you can PM me or ask on the vBlogetin site.

I would appreciate any information you can give me about vBlogetin. I would need help with installation.

I made the error of upgrading my VBulletin message board to 3.6.2. No one bothered to tell me before hand that if I made this upgrade, my VBJournal would no longer work. To add insult to injury, I have posted a number of politely written posts over at VBulletin.org inquiring about the problems I am having with my VB Journal since upgrading my VBulletin message board to 3.6.2. Not one of the participants including the ones who wrote VBJournal has bothered to answer my question properly or helped me solve my problem. The only time I get a response is if I post in the wrong area.

I have invested too much money and time to change message boards. I have too much valuable information posted on my VBulletin message board to close it down. Not only did I purchase the message board in US funds but also I paid for a number of upgrades and this process was not cheap. (Again in US funds)

To make matters worse, when I have posted a question at the VBulletin sites I am usually made to feel that my questions are idiotic.

I am very disappointed with the lack of help I have received concerning VBJournal and Vbulletin 3.6.2. I purchased my VBulletin message board and I pay the yearly fees required to have access to VBulletin upgrades and the so called right to post questions.

I would appreciate any information I can get from vBlogetin. At this time, I would be more than happy to pay for a journal system that would be compatible with VBulletin 3.6.2.

Widebertha (Luci)
                    Last edited by Widebertha; Mon 14 May '07, 12:04pm.

Comment

For information about third party products you will need to visit their sites or ask at vBulletin.org

Comment

Didn't I read that Jelsoft is developing a blog for vBulletin?
                        Any updates on that project?

Comment

All the updates are found in the announcements forum.

Comment

Working...
                          X