Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create a sub-forum in an exisiting parent forum ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a sub-forum in an exisiting parent forum ?

Hi

My query is pretty simple but I wish to explain it more here. I have a forum which has pictures in it, randomly of actress or actors or games etc. I wish to divide this forum into three categories - Movie and Game Pictures. Creating a subforum into my main parent forum is ok, but how do I mass move all my thread to each of these forums based on its specificity, at the same time making the parent forum locked so that members can post or open threads in subforum, but not in parent forum.

Could anyone help please.

Create the new sub-forums.

Now use the Advanced Search page to find all threads matching your criteria in the current forum. On the Search result page, use the selection dropdown menu (totally right, in the header row above the result, icon of an arrow down), and select all. Now choose Move from the moderation dropdown in the bottom of the page and move them to the new sub-forum.

Once you have cleared the parent forum from all threads, go to your AdminCP -> Forum Manager and set 'Act as Forum' to No for the parent forum.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Working...
    X