Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove "Location" from postbit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove "Location" from postbit?

How do I remove "Location" from postbit?

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Postbit Templates -> postbit or postbit_legacy (depending on which layout you are using)

Remove the red code:

Code:
    			<div class="smallfont">
    				&nbsp;<br />
    				<if condition="$post['joindate']"><div>$vbphrase[join_date]: $post[joindate]</div></if>
    				<if condition="$post['field2']"><div>$vbphrase[location_perm]: $post[field2]</div></if>
    				<if condition="$post['age']"><div>$vbphrase[age]: $post[age]</div></if>
    				<div>
    					$vbphrase[posts]: $post[posts]
    				</div>
    				<if condition="$show['infraction']"><div>$vbphrase[infractions]: $post[warnings]/$post[infractions] ($post[ipoints])</div></if>
    				<if condition="$show['reputation']"><div><if condition="$show['reppower']"><span id="reppower_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$vbphrase[reppower]</span>: $post[reppower]</if><span id="repdisplay_$post[postid]_$post[userid]">$post[reputationdisplay]</span></div></if>
    				<div>$post[icqicon] $post[aimicon] $post[msnicon] $post[yahooicon] $post[skypeicon]</div>
    			</div>

Comment

Oddly, I edited the Location profile field in the "User Profile Field Manager" to be titled "Hometown" but the postbit still displays "Location".

Why would that be?
      Last edited by rnmcd; Thu 16th Nov '06, 6:51pm.

Comment

To change the description of the Location field, you will need to edit the Phrase 'location_perm'.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

don't delete the code, just wrap it with <!-- The code --> if you want to save it for later use and don't want to search for the code later on

Comment

Originally posted by Luggruff View Post
            don't delete the code, just wrap it with <!-- The code --> if you want to save it for later use and don't want to search for the code later on
            Commenting out is a good idea especially for me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X