Back up files after upgrading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up files after upgrading?

I recently upgraded to the new version (I paid to have it professionally upgraded). Our boards have been upgraded several times over the last few years, and the backup files are still on our server. Since I upgraded, my disk usage has gone way up, and I am assuming it is because the backup is still there, as is other back up's from previous upgrades.

My question is, if the back up files are removed, will this free up disk space on my server (I currently only have about 10 percent left, which isn't nearly enough), and do I NEED to keep the old back up's? Also, since I paid for the professional upgrade, is removing the old back up's part of the service I paid for, or do I have to pay an extra charge to have a technician go in and safely remove the old backup's? I don't want to try removing them myself because I don't know how to safely do so.

Please advise! Thanks!

Yes, you can remove the old backups. And no, web hosting manaagement is not a service we provide.

However if you mean those backups were made by us during a professional upgrade service, then please feel free to start a support ticket for help with this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment