• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footer Copyright Question

Hi,

I am using the newest version of vBulletin but at the bottom it as this

Code:
    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.3
    Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Am I allowed to use something else that does not take up as much footer space like this for example?

Code:
    Powered by : vBulletin (3.6.3)

You are allowed to remove the version, but the rest of that copyright notice must remain unaltered. You can purchase the 'branding free' option for $120 if you wish to remove that text completely.

Comment

How do you remove the version part? I try and all disappears? Also...a little off topic but I read elsewhere and it does not work. How do you get the favicon off and add your own? which template is it on? I tried uploading a 32x32 different favicon and emptied cache and all and still the Vbulletin favicon shows?

thanks

Comment

I am sending you a PM with version removal instructions.

The favicon.ico image can be replaced simply by replacing the file itself in the forum directory. You may have to defeat browser caching if the new icon doesn't show up.

Comment

Jake can you please PM me the information to remove version number as well.
          Rgds

Comment

I would also like to know how to remove the version number please. Thanks

Comment

To remove the vB version number, edit the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase. Remove the highlighted part: