Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I have posted this 3 times now, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I have posted this 3 times now, please help!

My members are still having this problem as in the link above since the upgrade to 3.6.2 and .3 hasnt fixed it. I have tried doing what others have suggested including creating a new template to force them to use the defualt one, but it didnt help. PLEASE help me I am sick of months of constant whinging at me!!!! I am begging here... or I will PAY someone to fix it, I am just over this.....

(link edited out by poster)
    Last edited by BellyBelly; Sat 2 Dec '06, 3:54pm.

Disable all addons and revert to the default style.

See if that fixes the problem.

Comment

There's a minor css error:
      Code:
      .thead a:link, .thead_alink
      {
       color: #FFFFFF#CC9999;
      }
      You have unclosed tr & td tags from this...
      Code:
      <td valign="top" class="cwrap">
      You could try re-uploading your javascript files, ensuring ascii mode is selected.
      Lats...

Comment

Thank-you sooooo much for your replies!!! So how do I fix that CSS error and those tags - would it have been the forum template designer who would have done that? If you give me instructions I should be able to fix it - just not sure which files to edit and what to edit it to. I have turned off rotating banner add-on and shall see but I dont think its that as I have had it for some time.

Thanks again, its been driving me nuts.

Comment

The CSS could be in the style manager -> additional css definitions.

The cwrap appears to be in the header template...
          Code:
              <td valign="top" class="cwrap"><!-- /end header wrap -->
          Lats...

Comment

Sorry, but what do I have to change and to what?

Comment

to fix this :
              Code:
              .thead a:link, .thead_alink
              {
              	color: #FFFFFF#CC9999;
              }
              attached image
              in the admin cp , styles and templates , styles : from the list for the style you need to fix in the drop down menu choose main css .

scroll down thru the css till you find "Table Header"
              remove either the #FFFFFF or #CC9999 ( #ffffff is white )

the open <td valign="top" class="cwrap">
              is part of what looks like the rounded corners at the top of the page . this is opened before the spacer and looks to never be closed after the spacer in the footer - was the diaplay to have the rounded corners on the bottom also ?

if so the code is missing for them . probaly why the open table , <td .

in the admin cp , styles and templates , styles : expand the group of templates for the style you wish to edit .

in the footer template find :
              Code:
              <script type="text/javascript">
              add just above it
              Code:
              </td>
              </tr></table>
              this should take care of whats posted and i could tell from the source and validation - couple of errors other than this but for images not being ended - writen xml compliant .

not sure of all / any other problems -- no link to original post .

hope this helps / works -- some guessing from the source

can pm me or vist at the site for additional help -- looks to be very minor things --

the image you missing is viewpost.gif - made a copy of the last post and renamed it -- upload it into the images/bellybelly2/buttons/ : the buttons dir for the style .
              Attached Files
              .. . / GFXstyles certain amount of common sense is necessary to survive in this world !
              insanity leaves you no restrictions

Comment

Ah thank-you so much! I think I have done all those things now - what is the CSS-edit file for? Thanks so much again, hope it fixes the problems

Comment

This problem has still been happening, the only thing the members have been able to do to fix it is to change to mozilla and its fixed their problems, so obviously, this is an IE issue, perhaps something to do with the version they were running who knows, as I didnt have the problem up to IE7 which SUCKS. I am on Mozilla now too, but would still be keen to find out how I can resolve this for future users.

Comment

The errors mentioned @ posts 3 & 5 are still there so, I'm guessing you're going to keep having problems until they're fixed.

Check the validator output on that thread...
                    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...hp%3Ft%3D22012

Don't worry about the warnings about the ampersands or the img tags too much.
                    Lats...

Comment

Im sorry you guys are way more advanced than me but I just cant fix it, I did ask for more help as to where something was but there was no reply.

In Style manager, I cannot find an option "additional css definitions." There is a CSS option but I cant see where the errors are located. I also cant see the tags, there is hardly any code in the CSS section. I would be happy to pay someone to fix this, I have no idea, I dont know this as well as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by BellyBelly View Post
                        Im sorry you guys are way more advanced than me but I just cant fix it, I did ask for more help as to where something was but there was no reply.

In Style manager, I cannot find an option "additional css definitions." There is a CSS option but I cant see where the errors are located. I also cant see the tags, there is hardly any code in the CSS section. I would be happy to pay someone to fix this, I have no idea, I dont know this as well as you do.
                        Choose All style options, then scroll all the way to the bottom.

And try posting your threads with a descriptive title if you want help. The only reason I opened this thread was to tell you how much your title annoyed me. You just got lucky and I knew the answer to your last question.

"Where is the Additional CSS options located?" is a good example.

Comment

Trust me, I was just as annoyed as you are to not get a response/resolution until this thread was posted... :P I didnt know I needed to go to additional CSS options until I asked. I had NO idea what I had to do.

Comment

Trust me, I was just as annoyed as you are to not get a response/resolution until this thread was posted... :P I didnt know I needed to go to additional CSS options until I asked. I had NO idea what I had to do.
                            Then a better thread title would be one that described your problem.

Anyway - you're welcome.

Comment

...I dont know this as well as you do.
                              That's okay

I would start by posting what modifications you've applied, ideally with links, and we'll look for a possible missing step that makes it all work correctly.
                              Lats...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X