Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chican0
    replied
    You will need to change the datetime for those posts that were made while the time was incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• rady
    replied
    Does anyone knows if the problem still persists? My forum shows the correct time now, and just a few posts got misstimed

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is a problem with the server time. There is a recent problem with cPanel servers that affectedthe server time. Please see this thread (you need to register first):

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=59902

The server time was off while these posts were being made. Unfortunately there is no easy way to fix this. Of course, you need to fix the server time first. Then you would need to go into phpMyAdminand modify the dateline column in the affected post and thread tables and enter the unixtimestamp that you want. You can use this online tool to convert dates and times to Unix Timestamps:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

Just remember to enter in the GMT values for the date and not the date and time in your specific timezone.

Leave a comment:

• Jo-Ann
    replied
    We're experiencing the same problem on 3.6.1. Posts are out of order, and we're getting error messages with no messages. We're also getting doubles of the same posts.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If the time were to go ahead 12 hours for 5~ min then anyone who posted would have 12+ hours, if the time then gets fixed, those posts will still be from "the future".

Its possible for a number of differnt hosts to have this issue, there was a bug in a cpanel build.

Leave a comment:

• chelle_91
    replied
    has anybody figured out the problem yet. it can't be everybodys server causing this. since we are all using different host.

Leave a comment:

• UncoderMom
    replied
    my host had verified the time is right! So something is still seeing the wrong time... Its gotten worse if anything

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    It isn't a vBulletin issue...it's a server issue. First get the hosts to correct the server time, then you can go about trying to fix various other things.

But ultimately, not everything will be right until the real time catches up with the fake time.

Leave a comment:

• lexx27
    replied
    I have the same problem with 3.6.2 !...

Leave a comment:

• NoPonies
    replied
    cpanel here

Leave a comment:

• nymyth
    replied
    I just started a thread before i saw this one, however i have the same issue. How many are using HOSTROCKET here? I did some research when this happened before, and i was told that there was an upgrade and the server time hadnt been set correctly....but now its happened twice in the last 2 days, so its becoming a concern...i have a ticket open with them

Leave a comment:

• swepics
    replied
    Got the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Having largely sorted this, the only thing I am finding is that with unread posts being set to database with marking, some members (including me!) are finding that no posts show as unread, even when they are.

This seems only to affect those who logged in while the time was wrong.

I have done all sorts of stuff...truncating the session and search tables, manually editing visit and login timestamps in the database, rebuilding profiles etc, logging out, clearing cookies, rebooting, but it doesn't fix it.

Yet accounts that didn't log in during the problem are fine, which I have proved with some test accounts.

This suggests that the broken time is still stored somewhere that relates to my login, which I am missing.

Anyone got any idea where it might be?

Leave a comment:

• Kebbie
    replied
    same problems today in our forums.

Leave a comment:

• UncoderMom
    replied
    I'm having this problem too! And a few others. I have two license and run my forums on two different servers. Im running 3.6.2 on both. I rarely ever had issues with my 3.5.4

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X