Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts arent in chronological order

I am using vBulletin 3.6.2

Lately, the members and myself are finding that posts are NOT in chronological order. It is totally messaged up.

I just posted somewhere at my forum a post, and it became post #7 from 22 posts! All the other 22 posts were posted before me as I've read them. But my post shows that my time of posting correct and the other posts below it AFTER my time (SO the time had changed for the other posts somehow).

Look at the image upload. I read the two posts below me first, and I was answering to them back, and suddenly my post goes above them, and their timing changes (they did not post today, they posted yesterday), so why is it showing today for them??
    Attached Files

That means that when the other users have been posting the server time was set into the future (or currently in the past)
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
      That means that when the other users have been posting the server time was set into the future (or currently in the past)
      What is the solution?

Comment

Sometimes now when I click on "submit reply", I get 'The following errors occurred when this message was submitted' this error, and have to click OKAY (It comes above the post which I wanna post, above the quick reply)

Comment

You sure it's not a cPanel problem?
          There are at least two new threads about time problems.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

I'm having this problem too! And a few others. I have two license and run my forums on two different servers. Im running 3.6.2 on both. I rarely ever had issues with my 3.5.4

Comment

same problems today in our forums.
              www.gottwinz.net

Still learning....

Comment

Having largely sorted this, the only thing I am finding is that with unread posts being set to database with marking, some members (including me!) are finding that no posts show as unread, even when they are.

This seems only to affect those who logged in while the time was wrong.

I have done all sorts of stuff...truncating the session and search tables, manually editing visit and login timestamps in the database, rebuilding profiles etc, logging out, clearing cookies, rebooting, but it doesn't fix it.

Yet accounts that didn't log in during the problem are fine, which I have proved with some test accounts.

This suggests that the broken time is still stored somewhere that relates to my login, which I am missing.

Anyone got any idea where it might be?
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Got the same problem.

Comment

I just started a thread before i saw this one, however i have the same issue. How many are using HOSTROCKET here? I did some research when this happened before, and i was told that there was an upgrade and the server time hadnt been set correctly....but now its happened twice in the last 2 days, so its becoming a concern...i have a ticket open with them
                    IT'S WHERE THE NET COMES TO LOITER!

Comment

cpanel here

Comment

I have the same problem with 3.6.2 !...

Comment

It isn't a vBulletin issue...it's a server issue. First get the hosts to correct the server time, then you can go about trying to fix various other things.

But ultimately, not everything will be right until the real time catches up with the fake time.
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

my host had verified the time is right! So something is still seeing the wrong time... Its gotten worse if anything

Comment

has anybody figured out the problem yet. it can't be everybodys server causing this. since we are all using different host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X