MySQL error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL error

It seems that my upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.6.2 went awry and new errors keep surfacing as members are utilizing (or trying to anyway) different features.
    This is the latest, generated from trying to preview a post.

Invalid SQL:

SELECT dateline, thumbnail_dateline, filename, filesize, visible, attachmentid, counter,
    IF(thumbnail_filesize > 0, 1, 0) AS hasthumbnail, thumbnail_filesize,
    attachmenttype.thumbnail AS build_thumbnail, attachmenttype.newwindow
    FROM attachment AS attachment
    LEFT JOIN attachmenttype AS attachmenttype USING (extension)
    WHERE posthash = 'c4ef7a3d7cd56e12934bf91a148b30cc'
    AND userid = 3
    ORDER BY attachmentid;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'xxdbnamexx.attachment.extension' in 'on clause'
    Error Number : 1054

I know these errors stem from my own bungling, but if anyone can help me out I sure would be grateful.

Thanx,
    carpefile

This means you skipped at least one upgrade step. Run this query to add that field:

ALTER TABLE attachment ADD extension VARCHAR(20) BINARY NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

After running the query I can no longer access any areas of the forum, nor the admincp. Everything is just white pages.
      Acckk

Comment

I don't see how running that query could possibly cause that. Something else happened.

Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You were right (like you didn't know that already)

Something funny is going on, my config.php was changed, and not by me.
          Changing my logins right now.
          Thanks again Steve.

Comment

OK, here's the latest error. It was generated when I attempted to export some templates as an XML file.

Warning: Missing argument 1 for vb_xml_builder() in /includes/class_xml.php on line 354

Fatal error: vB_XML_Builder::Registry object is not an object in /includes/class_xml.php on line 362

Comment

If I just upgrade to 3.6.3, assuming I follow all steps correctly, all these issues should be resolved then, right?

Comment

So, uh........yeah. Whats a proper length of time to wait for a response before bumping a post?

Comment

You can bump a post after 24 hours. If you require immediate support, it is better to open a Support Ticket however.

For now i suggest you upgrade to vB 3.6.3, and make usre to upload all non-image files in ASCII format and to overwrite the files on the server.
                  Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                  Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X