Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    You would be better of writing a custom PHP script or ask for support on that at vbulletin.org.

Catching this in a query is possible, but very difficult.

Leave a comment:

• EasyTarget
    replied
    well I was hoping to get a query to use :/
    what about a query for just one secondary usergroup where I could just edit the usergroup number to one by one? even that would be better than the way I have to do it now.

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Then please post in the Suggestions forum.

Leave a comment:

• EasyTarget
    replied
    I never said it wasn't easy to do, its just time consuming. I've been doing it this way for years, I'm tired of all the busy work. And I do base the usergroup permissions on another usergroup but I still have to set up their forum permissions each time.

I know you're trying to help but you're just avoiding the real issue. We need better secondary usergroup functions.

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Since you are using the secondary groups to give access to a single forum, setting up the permissions for a new usergroup should be a piece of cake (and if you want you can duplicate a usergroups permissions by selecting it at the bottom of the New Usergroup page).

Leave a comment:

• EasyTarget
    replied
    because I don't want to have to do that all the time.. this isn't a one time thing. We have a bunch of users that we split up onto different teams. The teams change every so often and and its impractical to have to delete and create the a usergroup every time, and thus having to recreate the permissions for them as well (each group has a private forum). If I could just simply empty the usergroup of users that saves me a lot of work.

Each group has about 10 to 12 users on average.

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Catching this in a single query would be very complicated.

But why can't you you simply delete the usergroups and recreate if needed?

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    I don't believe a single query will be able to do what you need; a fairly simple script would do it easily though.

How many members are we talking about?

Leave a comment:

• EasyTarget
    replied
    yeah, its a pain when I can't even get an sql query for it. The simple thing is to delete and recreate the usergroups but as you see there's like 25 or more usergroups right now like that and it'd only going to keep growing. That becomes as impractical as doing each user manually.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    I thought this was all going to get fixed in vB3.6 series but I guess not. Secondary needs all the same powers as Primary as far as management, e-mailing, etc.

Leave a comment:

• EasyTarget
    replied
    so why doesn't vbulletin have a better management system for secondary usergroups? I can find everyone in a selected secondary usergroup but I can't do anything about it once I find them.. once the point. Everything I do must be done user by user :/

Would it be that hard to add secondary usergroups to the prune/move users admincp function?
    Or what about adding a little checkbox to each name when you do a search for users, then you can check the boxes you'd like and apply a certain action to each user that you selected from the search.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    I glanced at it, but can't say how such a query would be built up offhand.

Leave a comment:

• EasyTarget
    replied
    I don't mind running the queries I just need to know what to type

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Deleting (and recreating) the usergroups would be the easiest way to go if you are uncomfortable with running manual queries.

Leave a comment:

• EasyTarget
    replied
    dunno if what I posted is clear or not.

I have all the members in the registered usergroup as the primary usergroup. I base all the secondary usergroups on the registered permissions group and add other priveleges.

the groups I listed are full of secondary users and I need to empty those groups of the users.

so I want to remove those secondary groups from all users on the forum. (without having to delete the usergroup)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X