No announcement yet.

secondary usergroups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching this in a single query would be very complicated.

But why can't you you simply delete the usergroups and recreate if needed?
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

because I don't want to have to do that all the time.. this isn't a one time thing. We have a bunch of users that we split up onto different teams. The teams change every so often and and its impractical to have to delete and create the a usergroup every time, and thus having to recreate the permissions for them as well (each group has a private forum). If I could just simply empty the usergroup of users that saves me a lot of work.

Each group has about 10 to 12 users on average.

Comment

Since you are using the secondary groups to give access to a single forum, setting up the permissions for a new usergroup should be a piece of cake (and if you want you can duplicate a usergroups permissions by selecting it at the bottom of the New Usergroup page).
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I never said it wasn't easy to do, its just time consuming. I've been doing it this way for years, I'm tired of all the busy work. And I do base the usergroup permissions on another usergroup but I still have to set up their forum permissions each time.

I know you're trying to help but you're just avoiding the real issue. We need better secondary usergroup functions.

Comment

Then please post in the Suggestions forum.

Comment

well I was hoping to get a query to use :/
              what about a query for just one secondary usergroup where I could just edit the usergroup number to one by one? even that would be better than the way I have to do it now.

Comment

You would be better of writing a custom PHP script or ask for support on that at vbulletin.org.

Catching this in a query is possible, but very difficult.

Comment

Working...
                X