secondary usergroups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secondary usergroups

How do I mass move or empty people from secondary usergroups?

This thread has some queries you can use.

Comment

is there something easier for noobs to follow or something which specifically relates to the queries I'd have to run?

Comment

Post exactly what you want to do, including the relevant usergroupid numbers.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I would like to empty the following usergroups of secondary users.
          47 48 49 51 52 75 77 78 79 80 81 84 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 117 118.
          thank you.

Comment

If you want to remove any secondary usergroups from users that have one of those as the primary usergroup, use this query:

UPDATE user SET membergroupids = '' WHERE usergroupid IN (47,48,49,51,52,75,77,78,79,80,81,84,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,100,101,102,103,117,118)
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

I'd like to remove all users from those groups. No one has them as a primary usergroup, they're all secondary.
              Last edited by EasyTarget; Wed 1st Nov '06, 10:38pm.

Comment

dunno if what I posted is clear or not.

I have all the members in the registered usergroup as the primary usergroup. I base all the secondary usergroups on the registered permissions group and add other priveleges.

the groups I listed are full of secondary users and I need to empty those groups of the users.

so I want to remove those secondary groups from all users on the forum. (without having to delete the usergroup)

Comment

Deleting (and recreating) the usergroups would be the easiest way to go if you are uncomfortable with running manual queries.
                  Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                  Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I don't mind running the queries I just need to know what to type

Comment

I glanced at it, but can't say how such a query would be built up offhand.
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Comment

so why doesn't vbulletin have a better management system for secondary usergroups? I can find everyone in a selected secondary usergroup but I can't do anything about it once I find them.. once the point. Everything I do must be done user by user :/

Would it be that hard to add secondary usergroups to the prune/move users admincp function?
                        Or what about adding a little checkbox to each name when you do a search for users, then you can check the boxes you'd like and apply a certain action to each user that you selected from the search.

Comment

I thought this was all going to get fixed in vB3.6 series but I guess not. Secondary needs all the same powers as Primary as far as management, e-mailing, etc.

Comment

yeah, its a pain when I can't even get an sql query for it. The simple thing is to delete and recreate the usergroups but as you see there's like 25 or more usergroups right now like that and it'd only going to keep growing. That becomes as impractical as doing each user manually.

Comment

I don't believe a single query will be able to do what you need; a fairly simple script would do it easily though.

How many members are we talking about?
                              Lats...

Comment

Working...
                              X