Limit Max Users Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Max Users Number

Hi. Our forum it's growing so fast that we are incapable to stop it...

We work welll with 600 ~ 650 users online... but more than that and our server load goes to clouds...

In older versions, there was an option "Simultaneous Sessions Limit" but now, with 3.6.1, we don't have it anymore.

Is there a way to limit our max users to a number we can choose?

I tried to look for an option, but I didn't find it here or in vbulletin.org

I hope you can help me.

PD: Excuse my english... :P

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I KNOW!
      That's why I looked for it on vbulletin.org and didn't found it.
      Muy question is "how" can I do it or if there is some hack for doing it.

You'll answer: "we don't provide support... etc, etc".

But maybe someone found a way and tell me... XD

Comment

You will have to ask for help with this over at vbulletin.org. We do not provide support for code modifications here as you already well know.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve in this case you should take this on the list for one of the next vBulletin Versions under Server Optimization.

It should be an option to limit the users currently browsing the board.

Comment

There is no option to limit the number of users. If you are on a *nix server, you can however limit the server load:

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> *NIX Server Load Limit
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
              There is no option to limit the number of users. If you are on a *nix server, you can however limit the server load:

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> *NIX Server Load Limit
              That was not his question. He did not want to limit the users but the number of users shown in the Who is online section I think

Comment

Originally posted by jluerken View Post
                That was not his question. He did not want to limit the users but the number of users shown in the Who is online section I think
                I think you are wrong in assuming that............but hey, maybe i understood it wrong.
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

He's right... we need the direct option of limit max users... should be an option... I don't think it can be so hard to do...

Comment