Making a Post Sticky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Post Sticky

How do I make a single post (either the first post or any other) sticky, so that it will appear at the top of the post listings on every page of that thread?

From the forum, it appears that you could do this in earlier versions of vB, but not in the latest.

Thanks.

Posting a new thread you find the option under "Thread Management", "Stick this thread after you submit your message".

The option to make an old post sticky can be found under "Thread Tools" in the actual thread.

There are probably other ways aswell.

Comment

Make a Post Sticky, Not Thread

Thanks, but I am looking to make an individual POST sticky within a thread, rather than make the thread sticky within a forum.

i.e. the sticky POST appears at the top of every page within the thread.

Comment

Stickies only apply to threads. There is no feature in vBulletin to make an individual post a sticky. It may be possible with code modification. Please ask over at vBulletin.org for help with this.

Comment

I see, guess noone's as stupid as i thought you were...just me for misunderstanding your post =)

Comment

Originally posted by kalleball View Post
            I see, guess noone's as stupid as i thought you were...just me for misunderstanding your post =)
            Thanks Boxy, and thanks kalleball for the compliment... I think ;-)

Anyway, looking over some of the posts on this forum, many people do appear to be as stupid as you thought I was...

Comment

You could change the timestamp of the post in question to an earlier date so it will appear at the top. You can do this by editing the MySQL database or with a free add-on at vBulletin.org. I am not sure what it's called or where to start looking.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X