X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LisaD1
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.6.x

Weird smilie issue when opening [more]

When you click on the [more] and the smilie window opens, it does this weird flashy blinkie phyco thing and it also effect any other pages that maybe open under the smilie page.
    Any ideas what this is?? I know that I am not explaining it very well. And it only happens when you click on [more]
    Lisa
    Lisa
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Can you post a screen shot? Have you modified any templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• LisaD1
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.6.x

I have no idea how to do a screen shot and yes I have modified templates
      Lisa
      Lisa

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will forceit to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• LisaD1
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will forceit to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
          I will have to get back to you on this. It is lunch time soon and the kids call LOL But as soon as I get some time I will try this out.
          Thanks so much!
          Lisa
          Lisa

Comment

• LisaD1
            • Apr 2005
            • 3.6.x

I think I fixed it. It never dawned on me that it was one of the mods installed, so I updated the 2 I had installed and it seems to have been fixed. Thanks for the help and sorry for the trouble!!
            Lisa
            Lisa

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎