Lock the infractions system so you can only give 1 or 2 per day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock the infractions system so you can only give 1 or 2 per day

Was wondering if there was a way to limit the infractions system so you can set a number of infractions you can give per day (or some set time).

I was thinking about making the infractions system to be a "mob rule" type of thing where if a poster of my board gets x amount of infraction posts they get moved to the banned usergroup. But the problem I see with this is right now you can give as many infractions as you want (and its designed for mods and works well for that) but I could see some of my users taking advantage of the system and keep giving infraction points to users for no reason. And our level would be pretty small (say 20 infractions gets your posting access removed since we are a smallish site) so somebody could give 20 infractions pretty quickly.

But if we lock it to 1 infractions per day that would work pretty well.

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X