3.6.2 Running Slow for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6.2 Running Slow for you?

Just upgraded to 3.6.2 from 3.5.something.Everything appears to be working perfect. No issues during upgrade. All templates are 3.6.2 compliant and those that weren't were reverted to be compliant.I have a dedicated server, and all its stats are showing its running just fine without any issues or drag.Without that said, myself and various members from various different locations around the world have been commenting on how the site seems to be running slower than the day before I did the upgrade.Anyone else experience anything similar with their 3.6.2 ? Or anyone have any ideas as to what my giving this illusion to myself and my members?

You can try disabling some features to help load. Some of the more intensive features include database read marking, users viewing this forum / thread, currently active users, searching, mail queue, queued view counter updates, plugins, etc.

If you continue to have slowness problems then I recommend you post in the Server Configuration forum. Post the info requested in this thread and they will be able to make recommendations.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I have to say my forum slowwed way down from the 3.6.x upgrade as well. My load times were around .20 now their over 2.5... I have all the exact same stuff as I had with 3.5.xx as well.
        Last edited by lamur2; Thu 12 Oct '06, 5:31pm.

Comment

I am noticing alot of slowness with 3.6.2 , I just upgraded from 3.5.1.

This is a very large forum and with 3.5.1 and 700 users online my load average would stay around 1.1.

With 3.6.2 my load average has been hitting 6 - 10 several times a day. The only new option I have enabled in 3.6.2 is reputation and infractions.

Comment

Originally posted by MortysTW View Post
            ...the site seems to be running slower than the day before I did the upgrade.
            I am having the exact same issue. After we upgraded to 3.6.0 from 3.0.x and still now that I have 3.6.2. AdminCP is also slow loading with 3.6.2. This was almost immediately noticed after the upgrade mainly with IE. I have looked at the server load and it is normal.

- I have a 5 Mbps ADSL connection and it takes a while to load forumhome page.
            - The "slowness" occur in mainly with Internet Explorer 6.x on XP Pro on forum loading. Ref.: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203452
            - 120000 posts, 15000 threads, 10-15 users max online.

- all templates are reverted.
            - no hacks except Vbstats.
            - Vbstats: The processing time and average load are ok.
            (forumhome generated in 0,30000 seconds with 7 queries [Server Loads: 0.71 0.75 : 0.81]

Comment

At first I though it was just me but Im having the same problem even on my new forum which has absolutely no extra features installed...
              Acrow Host

Comment

Something I found after upgrading onto the 3.6 branch was that I needed to repair and optimize the database tables after doing so, particularly the POST and THREAD tables. I did have problems with some slowness until I did this. I have always found it happens like this on a major upgrade.

If your board is not too large you can do this in the AdminCP. If it's bigger then the POST table will probably time out, so you would need to do it using SSH, which is what I did.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Same problem here. Everything was running find on 3.5.4. Upgraded to 3.6.2 and immediately myself and many users noticed the slowdown. No hacks, all templates reverted. Looking forward to some good suggestions on how to resolve this.

JR

Comment

Try running Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP to see if this helps:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I repaired and optimized mine quite a bit and it's still the same speed. Server load averages are steadly around 2.00 and up.

Now one thing I found funny, was when I did a search with over 200+ results. It says the search took around .15 seconds.. Not sure about any of that, but hopefully it will help with the slowness issue.

Comment

Originally posted by lamur2 View Post
                        I repaired and optimized mine quite a bit
                        I'm confused by this. It's not really possible to optimize and repair "quite a bit", unless you mean you only did some of the tables.

Do them all, it may help your speed issues.
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Do any of you guys have "Check Thread Subscription" enabled in admincp?

I was getting high server load in 3.6.2.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204660

So far after disablingit it, it has been better, I will have to give it a day or so before I know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                            I'm confused by this. It's not really possible to optimize and repair "quite a bit", unless you mean you only did some of the tables.

Do them all, it may help your speed issues.
                            I ran it twice yesterday and twice today. I like to run it twice just to make sure the first time didnt miss anything. To me that's considered "quite a bit"

*edit*
                            Just for reference here is my quick stats:
                            PHP 4.4.2
                            Apache: 1.3.36
                            MySQL version: 4.1.21-standard
                            Last edited by lamur2; Thu 12 Oct '06, 7:54pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X