Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythotical
    replied
    That was gonna be my next suggestion but I wasn't sure you knew your way around phpmyadmin. Glad you solved your problem. enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Ugur Cetin
    replied
    i've solved problem all!

i dropped word - postindex table manually by phpmyadmin, and inserted 0 new word and postindex tables from my local test forum, after this started indexing ant it now searches successfully...

Leave a comment:

• Ugur Cetin
    replied
    By this time, script worked succesfully, i finished indexing successully!

Processed post: 169494
    Processed post: 169495
    Processed post: 169497
    Processed post: 169498
    Index complete after 0 hours, 53 minutes and 42 seconds

But it showns;

search6.0 KB3.0 KB0Evet
    word55 Byte3.0 KB0Evet
    postindex6.8 KB9.0 KB0Evet

What may cause this???
    it doesnt works...
    when try to search, it gives error nothing found.

Leave a comment:

• Ugur Cetin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ugur Cetin View Post
    Thank you for your reply steve, i'd started to rebuild it nearly 40 minutes ago. if it doesnt rebuild, i'll try and write status here...

This script gives me my forums homepage output only...
    What may i do?

Leave a comment:

• Ugur Cetin
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve M View Post
    Don't rebuild search index when you switch to vbulletin search. Enable search and I will try a search on your site and see what happens.

Try this:
    You can use the searchshell.php script that is available in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the zip file. To run searchshell.php, upload it to your forums directory, login with telnet or SSH, then run this at the command line, a safer way to rebuild as it cannot "timeout".

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...earchshell.php

Thank you for your reply steve, i'd started to rebuild it nearly 40 minutes ago. if it doesnt rebuild, i'll try and write status here...

Leave a comment:

• Mythotical
    replied
    Don't rebuild search index when you switch to vbulletin search. Enable search and I will try a search on your site and see what happens.

Try this:
    You can use the searchshell.php script that is available in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the zip file. To run searchshell.php, upload it to your forums directory, login with telnet or SSH, then run this at the command line, a safer way to rebuild as it cannot "timeout".

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...earchshell.php
    Last edited by Mythotical; Sun 8 Oct '06, 11:30am.

Leave a comment:

• Ugur Cetin
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve M View Post
    Did you let the rebuild search index finish completely?

yes it had finished yesterday succesfully.

Leave a comment:

• Mythotical
    replied
    Did you let the rebuild search index finish completely?

Leave a comment:

• Ugur Cetin
    started a topic Search index problem...

Search index problem...

i moved my forum to a new server yesterday... before movement, i emptied search index from update counters.

i moved my server now successfully, everything works perfect but my search option doesnt works now.

when i try to rebuild search index it showns process nearly 40m-1hour...
    after rebuild, my word table showns only 55 kb and post index showns 17kb (data index) Index Length showns nearly theese.

everything works succesfully, i use same versions of mysql/php/apache with my old server.

When i change search type to Fulltext search, my search works fine but when i change it to vbulletin search engine and rebuild index i got this problem...

What may cause this problem and how do i solve?
    which type of search loads cpu?

Regards...