Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Registered Users

Good morning,

I recently completed a migration from 3.5.4 to 3.6.1 during which I removed all hacks that had accumulated on my boards for the last 4 years with the exception of vBadvanced and the Form to Thread hack. During the migration I also migrated servers and used fresh downloads of the vBulletin files that I have been exceptionally careful not to hack in any way shape or form. Everything is working beautifully and very very fast. I even stopped getting emails from time to time about bad MySQL statements from the extraneous MySQL tables that built up over time.

Several days ago however I noticed a new user posting on my boards with an odd looking postbit. When I looked up their user account I noticed their entire account was completely blank with the exception of the their primary group which was a registered user and their join date and last activity sections which was that day. I checked my email to see if I had received an email notifying me about their account creation but it wasnt there even though I had other valid accounts registered both before and after the phantom user, all of which were since I had finishing migration. This morning I got a second account looking like the first. I've attached a screenshot of the postbit.

My apache logs for the user show they registered at 8:03 this morning even though the admincp says their join date is the same as their last activity date which keeps incrementing as the user checks back on the boards. Im at a loss on this one.
    Attached Files

Think I found my problem. Someone found some very old links that circumvented some test code which was injecting users into my database. I think we can classify this one as user error.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X