Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1st Gear Cycles
    • Sep 2006

doesn't work with GoDaddy?

so ive had a website with godaddy for months, using everything there... hosting, domain purchase, and their website builder... well i decided to add a forum board to my website as a lot of people who visit my site have asked about a website to "hang-out" at while at work... so i bought your product and now realize that it does not work with godaddy.com. well, now im kinda stumped and dissapointed... so now im stuck in whick i dont know what to do. i guess i have to use another website company... i just bought a cs-cart website builder to replace the godaddy and i hope i can get these 2 to work together, if not, i give up

dave
    www.1stgearcycles.net
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You need to tell them to switch you to a Linux server. They cripple their Windows servers and they don't support vB.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• 1st Gear Cycles
      • Sep 2006

yeah, the guy told me it will work on a server account, so i have to switch it after i get the new website program i bought. so are my two purchases compatible? this forum and the cs-cart? thanks steve

Comment

• hescominsoon
        • Jan 2005

they actually highly cripple ALL webhosting accounts. For linux they have a max connection limit on the webservers of 50. I did not know this until I and other users started having random timeouts. We have jumped to our own dedicated server and nearly instantly(within 24 hours) went from an average of 15 users with a max of 30 to averaging 28 users with a 47 user peak.

Another webhost that severely limits web accounts in powweb. Also 1and1 has very quick servers except databases are limited to 100megs each ofr shared hosting. Do a good deal of research before you go with a shared host.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I know nothing about cs-cart. Sorry.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• 1st Gear Cycles
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hescominsoon
            they actually highly cripple ALL webhosting accounts. For linux they have a max connection limit on the webservers of 50. I did not know this until I and other users started having random timeouts. We have jumped to our own dedicated server and nearly instantly(within 24 hours) went from an average of 15 users with a max of 30 to averaging 28 users with a 47 user peak.

Another webhost that severely limits web accounts in powweb. Also 1and1 has very quick servers except databases are limited to 100megs each ofr shared hosting. Do a good deal of research before you go with a shared host.
            thanks man, so i probably shouldnt even use godaddy for the server/host because if it has problems at 40-50 members, or people on at the same time ill be in trouble right from the get go... ill prolly be pulling(from the people that i know and shop customers and advertising it) prolly 75-100 people on at all times and prolly 15-25 new members everyday

Comment

• hescominsoon
              • Jan 2005

check your pm's

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎