X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, there is no built-in function to do this. You could run these queries:

ALTER TABLE attachment CHANGE filedata filedata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL, CHANGE thumbnail thumbnail MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE customavatar CHANGE avatardata avatardata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE customprofilepic CHANGE profilepicdata profilepicdata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL;

Leave a comment:

• swehack
    replied
    Well that doesn't really matter, i'm sorry for trailing off, here is my real question.

Is there a quick way in the vbulletin tools to make vbulletin update all the BLOB fields in the customavatars table from the files that are on the filesystem?

I'm asking because when i did the backup it was in ascii text and 8-bit characters were corrupted so i had to perform some regular expressions on the SQL dump in order to restore them, this ruined some of the BLOB fields since they were binary data in a ASCII text SQL dump file. This is why i need to update all those binary BLOB fields with the file that is on the filesystem. This should work for at least the customavatars table because i noticed it has BLOB fields AND a filename with a valid file that is on the servers filesystem.

I could easily write a tool for this but i don't want to waste my time if the vbulletin people have already done it for me, probably much better to.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. How was the backup made and how did you restore it?

2. Which version of MySQL were running on the server where the backup was made and on the server where it was restored?

Leave a comment:

• swehack
    replied
    I restored a SQL dump backup of the database and a backup of all files for the message board. After this SOME custom avatar pictures are corrupted and not displayed correctly. It's different for each avatar, my own avatar for example had half the image distorted, like static on a tv. Other avatars have been cut in half.

I checked the database for customavatars and i noticed that there is a filename and a binary BLOB field. I downloaded the filename and it is just fine if i view it on my computer. So i'm wondering maybe if there is a way for vbulletin to read all the files into the BLOB fields of the customavatars table AGAIN. Because the BLOB fields are possibly corrupted from the SQL dump i imported since it was in ASCII text.

I hope you understand that because i can't explain it any better.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry then, I don't understand what you mean or what the issue is. Please try explaining again.

Leave a comment:

• swehack
    replied
    It happens in other browsers i just can't test and see how it looks. It was reported to me by my users and in their own words the avatars just don't work anymore. I can just describe how it looks in the browser i have.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Are you saying this only happens with Opera and not with other browsers?

Leave a comment:

• Some avatars are not displayed correctly after restored backup

Hi

I managed to restore my backup thanks to the Support crew here but now there is just one more issue left with some avatars. Not all of them but some are corrupt images, in Opera for example they are displayed with static or partially. I looked it up in the database and all users are using the customavatar table, i checked the filename of one of the users and downloaded the file, it was fine, but the actual image displayed by vbulletin was broken.

I saw a BLOB field in the customavatar so i'm thinking maybe this table needs to re-read all it's files or something. Someone please let me know if this is possible or if i'm way off.