Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self made problems after 3.5.4->3.6.1 upgrade

Hi

I upgraded my 3.5.4 to 3.6.1 without any problems but i think i caused a problem when i saved a updated template and suddenly when i viewed a thread the layout was screwed up. So i wanted to rollback to the backup i made before the upgrade because a friend had the elemental skin we bought for the message board and he is in greece. After struggling with split for my 722MB large database i finally managed to import it all without errors. Then i unpacked my backup of the public_html directory and restored all the files.

Now i get a access denied error for the main administration user which was logged in before i did all the changes. Also i get a php error at the very top of the webpage that says the following.

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /includes/functions.php on line 3277

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions.php on line 3277
    I hope someone can help me because hundreds of Swedes are bugging me to turn the message boards back on. :-(
    Last edited by swehack; Sat 30 Sep '06, 2:03pm. Reason: better title

This means the backup was bad or not restore properly. How did you 'import' it?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Are you talking about the database backup or the backup of the files? I exported the database with mysqldump and imported it with mysql < file after i used the split command to split it with the '\-\- Table structure for table ' pattern. This worked fine until the last file which had the words table, it gave me an error about duplicate entries and something about a NULL timezone but i assumed it had continued to the rest of the SQL script after the error. I'll try and import that last table one more time.

My guess would be that the database backup did not get imported properly.

Comment

Well, i found out it was the variables that were at the end of the SQL dump that caused the error, they were defined in the start and after using the split command that was a different file so i copied the definitions into the last file and it was imported without errors. Could be that these variables were used in the other files, if that is the case i could append them to the start of each split file.

Importing the whole 722MB sql dump did not work at all.

This is the code i found, is this required for all the SQL code?
        Code:
        /*!40101 SET @[email protected]@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
        /*!40101 SET @[email protected]@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
        /*!40101 SET @[email protected]@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
        /*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
        /*!40103 SET @[email protected]@TIME_ZONE */;
        /*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE='+00:00' */;
        /*!40014 SET @[email protected]@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
        /*!40014 SET @[email protected]@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
        /*!40101 SET @[email protected]@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
        /*!40111 SET @[email protected]@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;
        This is the code at the end of the file.
        Code:
        /*!40103 SET [email protected]_TIME_ZONE */;

/*!40101 SET [email protected]_SQL_MODE */;
        /*!40014 SET [email protected]_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS */;
        /*!40014 SET [email protected]_UNIQUE_CHECKS */;
        /*!40101 SET [email protected]_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
        /*!40101 SET [email protected]_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
        /*!40101 SET [email protected]_COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
        /*!40111 SET [email protected]_SQL_NOTES */;

Comment

I'm sorry if i gave the impression that this was solved, i was just saying that i found out where the error came from in the import. I still get the same old PHP error when i view the message board and i have no idea what to do.

If someone could just tell me what is in that forumcache variable that is expected to be an array on line 3277 of /includes/functions.php maybe i could figure this out. I'm guessing it's empty but i don't know why if i don't know what's supposed to be in it.

So far i've also tried creating a brand new database for the same old user and importing all the SQL into it. The old database has 115 tables but the new one only comes up to 97, perhaps the old one has new 3.6.1 tables there since i never cleared or dropped the old database. I don't know what 3.6.1 installed but the old dump i have is from before the upgrade when i had 3.5.4.

I sure hope someone can help with this, a pretty large message board is just down right now and i don't feel like i've done anything weird when i dumped or imported the database. I used all default mysqldump settings, the only arguments i passed to mysqldump and mysql at export/import were username, -p argument and databasename.

I should also mention that besides the PHP error on the top of the page, i get a vbulletin error which mentions the user i am logged in with. The error is in swedish but it's a access denied error which lists various reasons why i might be denied access to this particular part of the message board. This shows up whatever i try to do. It has a log out and Home link.
          Last edited by swehack; Sat 30 Sep '06, 2:07pm.

Comment

Sorry I'm having difficulty understanding what you did. Why can't you upgrade?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I made a tarball backup of the public_html directory which contains the message board and i made a mysqldump of the database using only the username, password and databasename as arguments.

This is what i did, i had 3.5.4 and upgraded to 3.6.1 but something happened with the elemental style template for when you view a thread so the layout was screwed up.

I decided to rollback to the backup i made before the upgrade until a friend came home from greece, he has the elemental styles he bought from vbstyles.

I restored the backup without dropping the database which might have been a mistake, since then i have also restored the SQL dump into a brand new empty database, temporarily switched to this new database but i still get the same errors.

The errors i get when i view any page in the message board are as follows:
              Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /includes/functions.php on line 3277

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions.php on line 3277
              If someone could just help me with this maybe i could figure out why this array is empty or invalid, i would like to know where $vbulletin->forumcache comes from in your code.

Since the problems began i have restored the old public_html directory and the old database SQL dump into a brand new, empty, database using the mysql command piping the file into it. I only used the username, password and databasename arguments, all defaults. I don't see why this shouldn't work.

Besides the PHP errors i showed you, i get a vbulletin error message that says my main administrators username, which i was logged in with before it all went to hell, and is a access denied message. It doesn't say anything explicit only that i don't have access to this general area of the message board. Probably because forumcache sets access permissions on message boards or something and now it never gets to finish it's foreach loop on line 3277 of /includes/functions.php but i honestly don't know because your code is huge and it would take me a day just to go through it all.

Ok i got help with this issue already, thank you.
              http://www.vbulletin.com/issue.php?issueid=removed
              Last edited by swehack; Sun 1 Oct '06, 6:55am.

Comment

Note: Never post a dierect link to a support ticket publicly.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                X