Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I stop guests to view memberlist and individual profiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AussieWeb
    replied
    Thanks K2_02!

That's exactly what I was looking for

Leave a comment:

• K2_02
    replied
    I came across this thread while looking for a way to display guests from viewing member profiles. I thought that I would post though how to turn off the "Members List" from the navbar template for anyone that may come along this thread later.

Simply find this line of code in the navbar template:
    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="memberlist.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[members_list]</a></td>

And change to:
    <if condition="$show['member']">
    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="memberlist.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[members_list]</a></td>
    </if>

This surrounds the members list button by a conditional that will only display if a member is logged in.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Too bad we can't hide the Member's List button for those users who do not have permission. I guess that would take another query?
    Last edited by feldon23; Fri 29th Sep '06, 7:49am.

Leave a comment:

• Boxy
    replied
    You need to set the permissions for the guests in the Unregistered / Not Logged In usergroup:

AdminCP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Unregistered / Not Logged In usergroup -> General Permissions -> Can View Member Info -> No

When a user registered they will be placed in the registered usergroup, you can set the permissions for that group to allow the viewing of the member profiles.

Leave a comment:

• How do I stop guests to view memberlist and individual profiles?

How do I stop guests to view memberlist and individual profiles?
    But once users are registered I want them to see all the memberlist no matter what group they are in. There is no Guest usergroup to alter permissions...

Thanks

LeMarsu
    Last edited by LeMarsu; Fri 29th Sep '06, 12:53am.