Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner ads

Hi,

I went to vBulletin.org looking for a banner rotator system for 3.6.1 as well as the Geek Autolinker system, and they said these are now "paid hacks" for 3.6.1. Problem is nobody knows how to find these new versions for 3.6.1. anyone here know?

Thanks,
    J

never mind. Found them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big J View Post
      never mind. Found them.

Where? I have the new 3.6.1 dowloaded as of tonight and I want a banner option. Been searching for answers before I upgrade as my sponsors have to have their advertising up as I owe them and know them.

Comment

Could you use a free banner system like phpadsnew?

www.phpadsnew.com
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
          Could you use a free banner system like phpadsnew?

www.phpadsnew.com
          Ooh... I tried to make that work on my 3.5 setup and never could get the hang of it, but I really would like to. I may have to revisit it again.

Right now I run a free plugin from one of the members on the vbulletin.org forum.

Comment

It's pretty simple. I basically use the Remove IFRAME Invocation code on my site and it delivers all my ads
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
              It's pretty simple. I basically use the Remove IFRAME Invocation code on my site and it delivers all my ads
              My main issue with it was it seems like great product, but very time consuning to get it up and running and to use.

One thing I never got to was how to place the code as what I and where I was going to place it. I understand how to insert a peice of code and how that relates to where it will be placed when I follow instructions. I'm not a coder and do not have any experience programming except writing batch files in basic back in the old DOS days when I started in IT 14 years ago.

Maybe I just need to print out the manuals, go into a room by myself for few hours and conquer the install and config.

Since you use it, how do you find it in some of the ways I mentioned above? Am I making it out harder than it really is?

Comment

Sum it up, yes. When I generate the code for a particular advertisement, I don't use the PHP code and stuff it in. I just use the regular HTML IFRAME ad code, and it set things up all nicely. All I do is login to my AdminCP, and just place it in the appropiate templates.

Comment

Originally posted by GNA View Post
                  Where? I have the new 3.6.1 dowloaded as of tonight and I want a banner option. Been searching for answers before I upgrade as my sponsors have to have their advertising up as I owe them and know them.
                  http://www.thevbgeek.com/geekmart.ph...ayproduct&id=4

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X