Mass removal of secondary usergroup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass removal of secondary usergroup.

I made a strategic mistake and added a secondary usergroup to a majority of my users. Is there a way I can mass remove this group from being listed as a secondary usergroup.

I added through promotions, that was easy. I see you can not take it away (obviously) through promotions.

I also can not delete the usergroup ans re-add it, as the secondary usergroup I am trying to remove is the default "registered user" group in vbulletin. (I have renamed it)
    Paul

"Whoever believes in Telekinesis, raise my hand."

i asked for the ability to mass-adjust users from Secondary Usergroups a couple versions ago. i recall something about future versions being able to do such things, but it never happened... as far as i'm aware.

Comment

Bummer. 3500+ members to manually edit. Hello Carpal Tunnel!
      Paul

Comment

Forget about changing them manually. You can always write a script to remove that secondary usergroup from each user's account. Somebody at vb.org should be able to help you. In fact, I might have a script around here someplace that does exactly what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by saf-t scissors View Post
          Forget about changing them manually. You can always write a script to remove that secondary usergroup from each user's account. Somebody at vb.org should be able to help you. In fact, I might have a script around here someplace that does exactly what you're talking about.
          Your a lifesaver. I'll check over there as well.
          Paul

Comment

Yes i can manually - VERY SLOW
            i don't have experience to write script anyone have the script ?

Comment

It may be just as easy to clear out your secondary groups, and re-run any promotions you may have to put other users back into them.
              Code:
              UPDATE
                 user
              SET
                 membergroupids = ''
              Lats...

Comment

Originally posted by Lats View Post
                It may be just as easy to clear out your secondary groups, and re-run any promotions you may have to put other users back into them.
                Code:
                UPDATE
                   user
                SET
                   membergroupids = ''

That worked perfectly - thanks!
                Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

Comment