Restoring board..need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so what i mentioned above combined with you said i did:

uploaded the .sql file to a new database, uploaded the "upload" file again to a separate directory made changes to the config.php-made sure it was pointing the rite places...and this is the error i get now:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: print_cp_header() in /home/XXXX/public_html/forum2/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 118

Comment

Did you run upgrade.php all the way to the end?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

that's what showed up as soon as i hit enter at upgrade.php

Comment

I don't see how that error could come from running upgrade.php, but it does mean that you have not uploaded all the vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, so i did upload the upload folder again and everything went as planned...i was able to restore it using the upgrade.php BUT:

i was restoring the board because my board had been "hacked" so when i reloaded everything i guess hacked board reloaded again, so i'm bakc to square1....

so i need to restore a clean/unhacked board, now i still have admin cp and such, would i be able to just specifically backup the thread/forums/users and just inject that part?

Comment

any ideas?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

I don't understand post #23. Please explain.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

post#23?:
                    so i make yet another NEW database...then inject the .sql backup...and THEN install.php and then upgrade.php?

that was a question pertaining to the restoration of the board..but as you corrected me ...instead of running the install.php run the upgrade.php

so thats what i did:
                    -made a new database
                    -injected the old backup .sql
                    -uploaded the new board
                    -ran the upgrade.php

and the reason why i needed to restore was because the old board had gotten "hacked" so now when i backed up the old board and restored it into the new database i still have the old infected board..so..thats where i am rite now..

Comment

If you are still getting the error in post #31, then this means you have not uploaded all the vB files correctly.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i'm not getting any errors....everything went as planned and worked as planned as you had mentioned...but this is another problem

-the original board had been 'hacked'
                        -i backed up the board--possibly backed up the infected board

i posted on here on another thread regarding a hacked board
                        -i was told to backup my board and restore the whole database

and then i made this thread
                        -i did everything as planned and i still have a hacked board...

Comment

What is the exact problem then? Saying you have a 'hacked board' is not very descriptive.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

o yes, i just realized hacked boards can mean hacks on the board...but hacked as in in someone unauthorized go into my message board and changed things around..

this:
                            neanybb.com/forum2

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X