Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh?

Comment

Eh, what? Therer is no way you can get this error based on what you've said. Sorry I didn't make that clear. There is something you aren't telling me.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Rite..i got that and then i posted with a newer version: 3.5.3 , that's what the config.php of the old board says...

Comment

What have you done and what is the current situation?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well so here's the recap:
            old board got hacked...then i backed up the board. obtained the big .sql word file (board version was 3.5.3)

setup another board(versioe 3.6.1)..on another database and want to apply the old board backup to the newly installed board

so i installed the new board and using myphpadmin uploaded the .sql file-uploaded successfully--ran the upgrade.php but ran into this error:

Invalid SQL:
            ALTER TABLE post_parsed RENAME postparsed;

MySQL Error : Table 'postparsed' already exists
            Error Number : 1050

Comment

so thats where i'm at rite now...

Comment

As I said in post #4 you need to restore that backup to a new database, not an existing one.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

so i make yet another NEW database...then inject the .sql backup...and THEN install.php and then upgrade.php?

Comment

No. You do not run install.php. Please see post #4 again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

oh...so i'm guessing the .sql backup file has all of the forum files and such? just in one entire package?

Comment

No. The backup has the database info only.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok i'm really confused now as to what needs to uploaded where:

1.) .sql file in a new database

what else needs to uploaded where? the "upload" folder? what? sorry.. even in the documentation it just says "uploade the .sql file" and thats it..

i'm just a little confused on what needs to uploaded where..thats all

Comment

Look at post #4. And then if you don't understand those instructions, please state what it is that you don't understand and I'll try to clarify it for you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok this is what i've redone so far:

-Made another database
                              -injected the .sql file backed up from the old forum
                              -before uploading the new board...i changed the config.php..to point to new database...with the specific unw
                              -uploaded the "upload" folder off of the new forum files i just downloaded
                              -then run the upgrade.php from the install directory

am i doing it rite so far?

Comment

Asa per post #4 you should restore the backup to a new database, edit your config.php to point to that db then run upgrade.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X