Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Users able to register with same USERNAME !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users able to register with same USERNAME !

Hi,

guess there is some problem with vB. Users at my board, are able to register with same username again and again, recently, a user registered 3 times with Cooper23 and was given 3 different member-ids by the forum. Whats going on?

Most likely he wasn't actually using Cooper23 as the username, but has replaced one of the letters with a character in a different character set that looks the same.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

oh well, i wish i was able to post the screenshot here, i also checked and all three of them had same email addresses too, whereas i also have disabled registrations on same email ids.

Comment

I just removed 4 accounts created by "cooper23".

Exact same email, username, and IP for each user. No special ascii lettering.

Looks to me like we have some bots that have been able to get around vBulletin registration blocks.

Comment

yes, i guess this too. vB should take note of this.

Comment

I also had the same problem. Same user name, email addy, everything.

I am using 3.5.3

Comment

I removed 2 of the same today.

Comment

well, what vB guys have to say?

Comment

What I have to say is can you duplicate this yourself on an unhacked 3.6.1 forum? If so, fill out a Bug report. If not, then I suspect people are using hidden ASCII characters as has been mentioned many times.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X