Reply buttons gone in private messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply buttons gone in private messages

After the upgrade to 3.6.1, private.php?do=showpm&pmid=XXX does not show anything like the reply/forward/etc buttons!

What could be causing this? Which template should be showing up there?

You probably have your templates customized? They show here on vbulletin.com and my own forums. The reply button is there- i use them all the time.

I believe the privmsg template is build using the postbit template

Comment

The template is the default one, no changes have been made to it. They just stopped showing up after 3.6 to 3.6.1

Comment

Could you start a new support ticket and include your forum admin details and url. And link back to this thread? I will have a looksy.

Comment

I just reuploaded private.php but didnt help :P

I checked the html and nothing is showing up between
          <!-- controls -->

<!-- / controls -->

Just a blank space.

Comment

I actually had this, and it transpires a couple of the new 3.6.1 files had failed during upload.

Reupload *every non-image file* again from scratch and it should solve it.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

You just beat me to the punch with the re-upload .. that would have been what I was just about to type. [deletes post] Thanks for the help mark.b , keep up the good work.

Comment

Well that was weird. I reuploaded everything again and the buttons appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                  You just beat me to the punch with the re-upload .. that would have been what I was just about to type. [deletes post] Thanks for the help mark.b , keep up the good work.
                  Thanks Floris, I always try to help where I can.

Originally posted by Mijae View Post
                  Well that was weird. I reuploaded everything again and the buttons appeared.
                  Yup, that's exactly what I found.

I fussed around for 20 mins after my upgrade, reverting templates and all sorts, and the button wouldn't appear. But I just *knew* it had to be something obvious, and it was. Re-uploading files is a great cure-all.

Glad you get it sorted anyway.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Working...
                  X