No announcement yet.

Attachments not recognised by browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have a problem with attachments and IE. A couple of months ago I started experiencing the problem with vb 3.5.4

I have now upgraded to 3.6.0 and still have the same problem. When my users click on an attachment, IE doesn't even pick up the file name and they have to manually enter the file name with extension to save it properly. By default it just comes up with the file name "attachment" no matter what the actual file name is.

There is no problem at all for users using firefox.

I don't know what end the problem is on but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

I finally managed to find a solution for this problem. Those of you that are still having this problem should check out this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...42#post1211342

Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        I've not seen dozens of users complaing about this at all, infact I've not even see this problem here on vBulletin.com.
        The dozens of users complaining were on our internal intRAnet which is why you didn't see them complaining.

The thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...42#post1211342 highlighted by bcipher was exactly the same problem as we were having with vBulletin 3.6.0 and Internet Explorer.

Upgrading to vBulletin 3.6.1 fixed the attachment problem with Internet Explorer.

Sorry if the original post in this thread did not make the problem clear.

Comment

If you want your .doc files to not prompt a save dialog, edit attachment.php line 328 (vBulletin 3.6.1) and find:
          PHP Code:
          if (in_array($extension, array('jpg''jpe''jpeg''gif''png'))) 
          Change it to
          PHP Code:
          if (in_array($extension, array('jpg''jpe''jpeg''gif''png''doc'))) 

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X